View Full Version : T9 predictive text

giesler
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi newbie here. I would just like to ask if anyone here knows how to use t9 predictive text in cellphones? I really would like to know, thanks.

Darius Wey
11-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

I recommend checking out the "interface workflow" section in this Wiki entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T9_%28predictive_text%29).

In a nutshell, each key corresponds to a group of letters, though you only need to press a key once to get a particular letter. For example, if I wanted to type "hello", I'd ensure that the phone is in T9 mode and then type "43556". The phone would predict any possible word combos, and "hello" would be one of them. It's different to the "abc" text input scheme which requires you to press the key a number of times to get a certain letter. Under an "abc" scheme, "hello" would be "4433555555666". So T9 can be a real timesaver. :)

giesler
11-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the info Darius Wey. I guess t9 would be very handy if you know how to use it...ive found this t9 quick tips (www.t9.com) on google i think this may help me understand the feature more.

Brad Adrian
11-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Using something like T9 is just like learning to use any other kind of new input method. In most cases, devoting a little time to the learning curve can drastically improve the speed and accuracy you produce. Even methods like FITALY with completely re-arranged keyboard layouts can produce typists blazing along at 80+ words per minute.

Practice a little with T9 and I think you'll find you're getting pretty good at it pretty quickly.

Good luck!

giesler
11-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Thanks for that piece of advice Brad. I'll try to get used to it. I want to learn how to add words in the dictionary.

Brad Adrian
11-14-2006, 07:07 PM
I want to learn how to add words in the dictionary.
Depends on the device. Are you talking about a WM SmartPhone?

giesler
11-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Wait brad I think I have found my answer to all my questions. I found this t9 tutorial (www.t9.com) on google...i think this will help me understand more about t9. Thanks anyway! :D