View Full Version : [Weird experience] Palm charges USD15 for a driver request

salem
11-05-2006, 08:52 PM
How much do you expect to pay if you lose a driver? Usually nothing, but not for Palm. They can charge as much as USD15 for a driver request.

Recently I've lost the Pocket PC driver for PalmOne's Folding Keyboard. The driver has actually been freely distributed on their website, but in June they updated the driver and remove the old one. Although the latest driver seems better, it just can't support my device. Then my nightmare began.

Throughout the past two months in over dozens of emails, I've requested Palm's customer service staff to give me the old version of driver. At first, they refused because Palm had falsely claimed that my product isn't a Palm product. Then she insisted that my device isn't in the support list. Last week, they still refused to give me the driver, but they make an offer: give them USD15 and the installer will be shipped to me! According to them, this offer is made "out of goodwill". Frankly, i'm appalled. :roll:

Although Palm is eager to make money from pocket pc users, they seem to treat Pocket PC users as a pariah. If you're going to buy Palm's Treo 750, think twice.

(Now I've got the driver after I have complaint Palm's money-eating customer service in several Palm forums. Thx! )