View Full Version : tRANSFERING TEMPLATES FROM WORD 2003 TO POCKET WORD

sailmaven
11-05-2006, 06:29 AM
I have made a very useful template with drop down boxes, check boxes, and other neat things. However when I syncronize it to my PDA I lose all of the entry frames. What can I do?

Nurhisham Hussein
11-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Not a whole lot unless you go for a fullfledged word processor like Textmaker (http://www.softmaker.com/english/tmp_en.htm) - Word Mobile just doesn't support all the functions of Office XP.

sailmaven
11-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Are there any other ways of making forms to fill in with checkmarks for my PDA?

Thanks for your help

Nurhisham Hussein
11-07-2006, 02:10 AM
A database form would allow this I presume - but I'm not really anywhere near an expert in this. You might want to try Textmaker (http://www.softmaker.com/english/tmp_en.htm) - it's a full fledged word processing application for Windows Mobile (the 2006 version is now up for grabs), and it's compatible with most Word functions. Expensive option though.

Brad Adrian
11-07-2006, 02:39 AM
The two best tools I've seen for forms-based data entry are HandDBase and XSForms. Both can export data for desktop database manipulation, but XSForms does NOT currently have a desktop version for data entry whereas HandDBase lets you easily complete forms on the desktop and PocketPC.

sailmaven
11-07-2006, 03:33 AM
I am looking for something that will allow me to construct my own form, transfer the form to my PDA, fill out the form on my PDA and then copy it into an outlook appointment.

Any ideas

Thanks to all

Brad Adrian
11-07-2006, 06:34 AM
IMO, XSForms allows you to create the most versatile PPC-based forms. As far as transferring to Outlook, are you referring to importing the data into a custom template of some kind? You can export data from XSForms in a variety of formats, so it should work for you.

Go to www.grandasoft.com to get the free/demo PC Designer and PPC Forms. You can give them a try to make sure they'll do what you need.

Also, I'm working on a review of the Pro version, so stay tuned and ask any other questions you might have.

misko
11-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Also alternative can be sprintDB with desktop companion