View Full Version : Beamig entire category of contacts?

palur
11-01-2006, 03:10 PM
During the workshop I was asked if one could beam entire category of contacts, I was stumped as I could not select all the contacts in a gven category. Is there anyway this can be achieved?
Is this function available in Agenda fusion or PI?
Thanks

Cybrid
11-01-2006, 05:48 PM
During the workshop I was asked if one could beam entire category of contacts, I was stumped as I could not select all the contacts in a gven category. Is there anyway this can be achieved?
Is this function available in Agenda fusion or PI?
ThanksYes, Even in contacts you can select multiple contacts and beam them over.
By filtering to the contacts then dragging your stylus across to select all then tap and hold.
I'm not sure the short cut of attempting to select and beam a category works.

palur
11-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Thank you for the response. It is true by highlighting multiple contacts and tap and holding one may be able to beam under windows mobile 2003se but under 5.0 It did not allow me to select multiple contacts at all.
I could not highlight more than one contact in my PPC phone edition with 5.0 OS.

Hence the problem, Though I could do it in my Siemens SX66.
Thank you

Cybrid
11-01-2006, 09:36 PM
...but under 5.0 It did not allow me to select multiple contacts at all.
I could not highlight more than one contact in my PPC phone edition with 5.0 OS.
Strange. I was testing it under my Windows Mobile 5 PPC6700 and it worked fine albeit I do have Pocket Informant installed.

palur
11-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Could you please try under MS installed contacts?
Thank you

Menneisyys
11-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Could you please try under MS installed contacts?
Thank you

Not possible under WM5's built-in Contacts, only under the additional PI / AF.

You can, however, mass export/import your contacts under WM5 with the free (!) PPCBckpContacts.exe. Please see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=279925 for more info.

With the latter tool, it's very simple to export all your contacts on teh source device and then import it to the target.

rhmorrison
11-02-2006, 11:24 AM
With the ancient PocketPC 2002 contacts program (addrbook.exe) this works as expected. Select a category, Bring up the keyboard and press Ctrl+A (because it's easier then Tap and Select especially for a long list), then tap & hold and select "Beam Contact..." and then you have a list of all contacts of the selected category ready to beam.

Do you want to tell me that the NEW WM5 contact program does not support this function?

8O

Menneisyys
11-02-2006, 11:45 AM
With the ancient PocketPC 2002 contacts program (addrbook.exe) this works as expected. Select a category, Bring up the keyboard and press Ctrl+A (because it's easier then Tap and Select especially for a long list), then tap & hold and select "Beam Contact..." and then you have a list of all contacts of the selected category ready to beam.

Do you want to tell me that the NEW WM5 contact program does not support this function?

8O

Yup, this is a known problem / restriction with WM5

palur
11-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Thank you all for excellent input. Having experience with ppcs since palm-size pc era, I was embarassed that I could not accomplish such a simple task though I could do it on windows mobile SE.

I feel much better now as it is a restriction in WM5.0.
Thank you all once again.