View Full Version : Using Vario (HTC Wizard) as PDA, and another device as phone?

neabode
10-29-2006, 07:08 AM
Hey folks, I've got a bit of a strange question, was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I've got the Vario, which I love, but just got my hands on a Nokia N91. The Nokia is brilliant, and is much more practical for those out-at-the-pub times where I need my phone.

So what I want to do is have my SIM card in the Nokia N91, and basically use that as my phone. But I'd also like to be able to, when I have both devices on me, use the Vario to send SMS messages (at the very least, but phone calls would also be great) via the Nokia. They both have bluetooth and support data transfer, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to send an SMS message from the Vario to the Nokia and the Nokia sends it on (which I know the Nokia is capable of).

Obviously a simple way is just to put the SIM card back in the Vario when I want to use it but I don't really want to always do that.

If you can picture it, I'd have my Nokia in my briefcase, switched on. And The Vario in my coat pocket. I'd like to send a text message, so I take out the Vario and type it up, and hit send (or whatever is needed) and the message sends, via the Nokia, as the Vario would have no SIM card in it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards. :wink:

Nurhisham Hussein
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
You basically need a phone handler app, or standalone SMS program. Try this (http://ivsms.indovisi.com/) for starters. Don't worry about the website not loading - it tends to be flaky that way for some reason. Just try again later.