View Full Version : Linksys and the Pocket PC

carln
10-29-2006, 04:32 AM
Hi all,

1st off long time lurker, and about a year of Pocket PC usage. My 1st was the Audiovox PPC 6600, up until a week and a half ago, when I slightly sat on it (coat pocket) + (metal bench) = cracked touch screen. :roll:
So I'm sending it off, but up here in Alaska they had no "loner" and I can't get along with out my PPC... so I bought the next new thing... my PPC-6700, also Audiovox/UTstarcom/HTC... whatever, I love it!

Ok, to my question.

I've used these and run up into dead ends at times, and I believe that they are just things that a PPC can't do, esp WEBSITES.

My latest irritant is my friend has a web cam off a linksys website, I can see the website, I can pick the "View Video" link, but I get the error message that the "URL is not properly formatted" pleas verify address ect.

On a desk top pc, it will say that there is an activex .OCX control that needs to be installed and you pick the pop up and it installs it and WHAM! you got video... so the question is:

Can one install an activex control "NetCamPlayerWeb11g.ocx" in a pocket pc and is so how and if not..... what's a fella to do???"
I searched the web for some means of doing this but to no avail.

Thanks,
Sorry this is so long!
Carl

carln
10-29-2006, 08:19 PM
After reading the serveral posts by Menneisyys on viewing Flash and the work arounds..... I see that this might be done, with lot's of work... maybe.. lol

DanielP
11-10-2006, 03:16 PM
After reading the serveral posts by Menneisyys on viewing Flash and the work arounds..... I see that this might be done, with lot's of work... maybe.. lol

HI, Carln, I am with the same frustrating problem. please let me know if anybody solve this.
thanks
Daniel