View Full Version : Verizon Razr Bluetooth internet connection with Dell x50v?

ppcinfo
10-28-2006, 03:26 PM
With my previous Verizon phone (Motorola E815) , I was able to make a Bluetooth internet connection with my Dell Axim x50v (2003 SE OS) rather easily. I could browse web pages and send emails on my Axim with no problems. The only thing I needed to do, was type in "##DIALUP" to enable the dialup networking on the phone.

My E815 stopped working last week, and I now have a Motorola Razr V3M device (which also has Bluetooth). Unfortunately, I can't seem to use it for a Bluetooth internet connection with my Axim as I did with my E815 phone. I've searched the net for a solution, but most of what I found indicates that I need to hack the phone by editing the "Seem" file or I need to disable the EDVO feature of the phone for a slow QNC connection.

Using the "Motorola Phone Tools" application on my laptop, I was able to make an internet connection via Bluetooth between my laptop and Razr, but I'm trying to find a DUN solution for use with my Axim.

Question: Has anyone successfully used a Verizon Razr phone to make such a connection without hacking the phone?

Any comments and/or advice is appreciated.

ppcinfo