View Full Version : need help to choose smartphone with symbian or windows mobile

ramirezmc
10-25-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm looking for a ROGERS compatible GSM smartphone (because Bell mobility and Telus use CDMA technology).
The current smartphones by ROGERS sucks and they are way behind europeen smartphone.

here what i want in order or priority

-good sound quality and reception
-mp3 player
-micro-sd or transflash slot
-media player with divx compatible
-camera
-easy synchronization with Outlook
-FM radio
-WIFI 802.11b/g
-no clamshell form factor.
-fit in my pants pocket. i don't want to show off my big smartphone on my beltclip.
-around 500$CAD

i'm hesitating between Symbian OS and Windows mobile

I know that the nokia n80 is good bet but it's a symbian OS. I don't know much about symbian compatibility and software library. (I was a palm user)

Do you have other suggestion any other smartphone?

thanks

Cybrid
10-27-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm looking for a ROGERS compatible GSM smartphone (because Bell mobility and Telus use CDMA technology).
The current smartphones by ROGERS sucks and they are way behind europeen smartphone.

here what i want in order or priority

-good sound quality and reception
-mp3 player
-micro-sd or transflash slot
-media player with divx compatible
-camera
-easy synchronization with Outlook
-FM radio
-WIFI 802.11b/g
-no clamshell form factor.
-fit in my pants pocket. i don't want to show off my big smartphone on my beltclip.
-around 500$CAD

i'm hesitating between Symbian OS and Windows mobile

I know that the nokia n80 is good bet but it's a symbian OS. I don't know much about symbian compatibility and software library. (I was a palm user)

Do you have other suggestion any other smartphone?

thanks

Edit: O2 Atom (http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/handhelds/0,39001705,39095540p,00.htm) I've seen it successfully used on Fido so I'm assuming Rogers will not be a problem. WiFi and FM radio, 2 megapixels

saru83
11-06-2006, 03:47 AM
you have much more softwares with Windows Mobile devices.. i would suggest to go for WM. but the question now is if u want touch screen or not, as there are 2 versions of WM, PocketPC & SmartPhone, PocketPC is touch screen but the devices tend to be bigger than smartphones..

i would suggest going for the SmartPhone edition if u r not a power user & that would be the Samsung i320.

Works fine on Rogers besides u get a lot with this SM in a very compact package. :wink: