View Full Version : possible to change the name of "\Storage Card"?

salem
10-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Hi folks,

I'd like to change the name of "\storage card", but there's no such entry in the registry. Could anyone help?

Thanks!

Nurhisham Hussein
10-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Any particular reason why you'd want to do this? Changing the name might break a few things you know.

salem
10-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Any particular reason why you'd want to do this? Changing the name might break a few things you know.

yes, the idea is quite strange, but there's at least one practical use.

In fact, the SD drive for my existing device (dopod 828) is in double-byte characters. So far it works fine with almost all programs, the exception is Tomeraider. Tomeraider fails to recognize any pathnames or filenames in double-byte characters, but i've got an Encarta 2000 in TR3 format and i really want to use it.

I've actually planned to hard reset my device, and install all programs again. So if it's possible, i'll change the pathname first before any other program installation.

isajoo
10-24-2006, 08:51 PM
search pocketpc sites for registry hacks....i remember reading one on this...will search later, at work now...but its out there for sure.

L8r.

salem
10-25-2006, 10:58 PM
search pocketpc sites for registry hacks....i remember reading one on this...will search later, at work now...but its out there for sure.

L8r.

Thanks a lot!

i've got it, but it seems to be very sophiscated. Some values the website mentioned even doesn't exist in my dopod 828. Anyway, i'll try tomorrow.
http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/diskname.html

isajoo
10-26-2006, 06:41 AM
i read the linked article...but dont remember it being soo complex. seem like this hack was for hpc which are windows CE ppc. it should work, but read carefully before attempting. make sure to do clean backup of registry first. that way u dont need to do a hard reset.
good luck...hope it works .