View Full Version : 6900 6945 6915 Bluetooth DUN issues upgrade or hack

thewoodkid
10-23-2006, 07:39 AM
I have a 6945 (unlocked w/cingular sim) and a bluetooth sprint phone. I would like to connect the 6945 to the sprint phone via bluetooth and share Sprint's EVDO service. Another way of looking at it is to pretend that the 6945 operates like the Axim or some other PPC without built-in cellular. However those phone's have a DUN bluetooth profile to connect to a cell phone whereas I can't find one on the 6945. Some believe that this is not possible. However I believe with a little searching, effort, and maybe some creativity there's a way, even if it involves a hack. Any ideas?

Menneisyys
10-23-2006, 09:06 AM
I have a 6945 (unlocked w/cingular sim) and a bluetooth sprint phone. I would like to connect the 6945 to the sprint phone via bluetooth and share Sprint's EVDO service. Another way of looking at it is to pretend that the 6945 operates like the Axim or some other PPC without built-in cellular. However those phone's have a DUN bluetooth profile to connect to a cell phone whereas I can't find one on the 6945. Some believe that this is not possible. However I believe with a little searching, effort, and maybe some creativity there's a way, even if it involves a hack. Any ideas?

1. welcome to PPCT :)

2. it's possible - the 6945 does support DUN client mode. Don't you see the DUN profile listed when you discover the available profiles of the sprint phone?

BTW, I've published a full tutorial of the "Pocket PC accessing the Web through another PPC" case at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=510&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1