View Full Version : iPAQ troubles

rickyau
10-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi all, I've got a PDA problem that someone may be able to help me with. I've got an HP Rx3115 iPAQ. about a week ago I neglected to charge it up. When I turned it on it displayed this the screen you get when you do a soft reset. It went about 60% across then shut down. It did the same thing about three times, I plugeed the charging cable in tried it again. Same results, I did a soft reset and it went almost 75% across but still shut down. I did what on my other iPAQ would be a hard reset but I got the same results. Anybody have a suggestion?
Ricky

JesterMania
10-22-2006, 01:57 AM
You say you neglected to charge your PDA for a week, so the battery probably contains very little charge for your device to be operable anymore. Then you said you plugged in your charging cable and it still didn't help. But did you plug in the charging cable and let it charge for at least 20 minutes or so before trying again? It could be that your battery is fully discharged, and the power going through the charger is not providing sufficient energy for your device to boot up. Give it some time to charge up the battery a little and get back to us on how things go.

rickyau
10-22-2006, 04:23 AM
It was just two days, I've plugged it into the charger cable and I'm not even getting the yellow flashing light. Will give it some time and try it again. Thanks Ricky

rickyau
10-22-2006, 06:22 PM
OK I think I'm getting somewhere. I have had it on the charging cable since yesterday eve. I puashed the power switch and a Screen showed HP and some numbers a the bottom. there was a progress line going across. This time it made it all the way! A blue screen popped up that said "Touch screen to begin using ...." the flashing charge light came on then it all went blank again. I'm going to leave it on charge.

JesterMania
10-22-2006, 09:55 PM
I'd recommend you get it checked by HP. It looks to me like you have a dying battery but it could be something more serious. Since your device is a pre-WM5, a dying battery would cause more destruction (in terms of loss of data) than on a device with WM5 installed. I recently got my device fixed with HP and it was QUICK. I got my device shipped to HP in 1 day, it took them another day to repair it, and on the 3rd day the device arrived at my house - all without me paying a single cent (I'm still under a 1-year warranty). In fact, I didn't even have to step out of my house as the service was done through Purolator (a shipping service).

rickyau
10-23-2006, 06:44 AM
Well mine is not under warranty. as of now about every 10-15 min. It lights up the charge light flashes a few times, the blue screen that says "click here to begin using your......" then it goes dead again. I'm going to take the battery to see if someone can test it out!