View Full Version : how to remove dead icons off pocket pc menu?

annyksa
10-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Hello all, i have an annoying problem, i installed a few new programs on the imate kjam and i uninstalled them but the icons are still there and of course don;t work, i tried everything to remove these. i went thru activsync to explore and didn;t see most of the dead icons, but i did see one program and i tried to delete it, but it very loudly and rudely denied me access to remove it! that was pocketdivx, netfront is still there, yahoo, and they just won;t leave, any ideas on how to get rid of these? i went to settings and remove programs, removed them, but the icons are still there, thanks in advance:)

Darius Wey
10-20-2006, 05:02 AM
Launch File Explorer, and navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Locate the icons you wish to remove, tap-and-hold on them, and select Delete.

Any luck?

asims
10-20-2006, 12:23 PM
That simple, huh? Boy, I wish I had thought of that. I've been trying to figure out where in the registry they were located.

One thing to note, you have to tap-and-hold the program's name and not the icon itself. If you tap-and-hold the icon, it won't bring up the menu selection; but instead will try to launch the program.

Thanks for helping me! :D And thanks annyksa for asking the queston!

Darius Wey
10-20-2006, 04:02 PM
One thing to note, you have to tap-and-hold the program's name and not the icon itself. If you tap-and-hold the icon, it won't bring up the menu selection; but instead will try to launch the program.

Right. I guess this was a case of semantics. Since the topic was asking about icons, I mentioned icons. :lol: Of course, with any file in File Explorer, when it comes to tapping-and-holding, doing so on the file name is the way to go. :)