View Full Version : No reminders!! Any advice?

palur
10-18-2006, 03:44 AM
The experts on this board may help some of our ETEN m600+ users (windows mobile 5.0) who have a peculiar problem. The reminders in the apointments just do not occur at all. No pop ups and no audio at all.
Tell me what registry values need to be changed under windows mobile 5.0 OS to make them function normally.
Thank you for the help in advance

Nurhisham Hussein
10-18-2006, 04:22 AM
No registry entries - reminders are kept in the notifications database which is not readily accessible. You might want to have a go at Memmaid (http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14279&associateid=204), which has a utility to check for duplicate entries (a common cause for notifications not firing).

ctmagnus
10-18-2006, 05:13 AM
I had an interesting issue last night. I had a few appointments with reminders but they did not go off, nor did they show up in MemMaid. I had to sync with the server and then recreate the alarms from within Pocket Informant before MemMaid acknowledged their existence.

martin_ayton
10-18-2006, 09:28 AM
It's just a vague possibility, but I found that if you have SPB Pocket Plus installed you can *really* screw up your alarms by checking the 'enable support for repeating alarms' but not configuring the repeating alarms at all. Goodness knows how I managed to do that (by being very, very stupid, I suspect) but it meant that although the alarm events triggered, there was no audio and if the PPC (a Hermes in my case) was asleep, it didn't wake up.

I unchecked the box, ran a notifications check (which, if you're looking for an alternative to MemMaid, SKTools does well as well) and everything is now working again.

palur
10-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Thank you all for prompt suggestions. I unchecked repeat alarms under spb pocket plus and ran notifications no duplicate entries noted. Well, before that I ran memmaid for duplicates and found 57 of them and were deleted. But that did not bring up any notifications. So I proceeded with SPB pocket plus method.
But, unfortunately both have not yielded any positive results. Any further suggestions.
Thanks

hamishmacdonald
10-18-2006, 04:57 PM
I have MemMaid and have found it invaluable for solving this problem. It happened again to me this morning, though, and a closer look showed that MemMaid's "Find Duplicates" wasn't finding all the duplicates. It did show them, it just didn't recognise them as being duplicates.

I went through the entries one by one and deleted the duplicates, and my reminders came back.

Does anyone have any wisdom about WHY these duplicates appear and how to avoid having it happen?

Thanks,

palur
10-18-2006, 05:54 PM
I think we might be hitting on something interesting. My problem is not yet solved but!
I ran memmaid and found no duplicates but as hamishmacdonald suggested I loked for them manually and found 39 entries and deleted them all of them were calender.exe type. No reminders yet.
Then I looked for other type duplicates and I found several possible duplicate registry entries in memmaid's Find Duplicates queu like 9B904401-A867-....
Do I need to delete them also. Is it safe?
The duplicates may be due to activesync trying to combine outlook and pocketpc's entries whenever synchronized.
Any suggestions to delete these registry duplicates will be highly appreciated.

Brad Adrian
10-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Another key is not only looking for duplicate notification entries, but also for empty ones. Occasionally, MemMaid will not show any duplicates, but I've been able to manually identify empty or garbage-containing entries.