View Full Version : Bluetooth File Transfer Question

wirelesscop
10-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to access (transfer data to / from) the SD card on my xv6600 while performing a Bluetooth file transfer from my laptop that has a Bluetooth dongle on it?

I already have the connection to both devices made, I just can't seem to figure out how to transfer files from my laptop onto the Pocket PC's installed SD card. I can't find the SD CARD file / folder in my Pocket PC when I look for it on my laptop when I am trying to do the Bluetooth file transfer. The only folders (from my Pocket PC) I can see on my laptop are the following:

1. BUSINESS
2. MY MUSIC
3. MY PICTURES
4. MY SOUNDS
5. PERSONAL
6. TEMPLATES
7. UACONTENTS
8. UNKNOWN FILE TYPES

Is this possible? If so, can someone out there please advise how?

Thanks for the time and help in advance!

Nurhisham Hussein
10-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Using the OBEX file transfer, I don't think you can - BT transfers default to your My Documents folder in Main Memory. I can't remember if it can be changed at all.

Cybrid
10-18-2006, 01:56 AM
Using the OBEX file transfer, I don't think you can - BT transfers default to your My Documents folder in Main Memory. I can't remember if it can be changed at all.What about...a BT sync then exploring and moving the file? Not having tried a BT sync I'm assuming it acts similar to an USB sync.

Nurhisham Hussein
10-18-2006, 02:02 AM
What about...a BT sync then exploring and moving the file? Not having tried a BT sync I'm assuming it acts similar to an USB sync.

:lol: So it would - serves me right for posting on only two hours sleep!

Menneisyys
10-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Using the OBEX file transfer, I don't think you can - BT transfers default to your My Documents folder in Main Memory. I can't remember if it can be changed at all.What about...a BT sync then exploring and moving the file? Not having tried a BT sync I'm assuming it acts similar to an USB sync.

Yes, on pre-AKU3 Microsoft BT stacks, it's the ONLY way to freely access any file in the file system as has also been explained in my article on all the secrets and questions of BT file transfer (http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=1065&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1).

It's only with AKU3 that you'll have BT FTP; before that, only OBEX.