View Full Version : "Contacts" Problem(?) with HP iPAQ hx2495b

smurf
10-15-2006, 10:27 PM
I am having a problem(?) with the “Contacts” application. I will try to make the following example as concise as possible. When I go to “Contacts” and tap on the “rst” box , my “R” contacts appear. I then tap on a specific contact to view the details. I then tap “OK” to get back to my contacts list and then use the “Start” menu to go to the “Today” page. Next, I use the “Start” menu to return to “Contacts”. My list of contacts comes up at the very beginning of the list. If I then tap the “rst” box, my “S” contacts appear. I would expect that when I return to “Contacts” that the list would be at the point where I left it. Since it has returned to the very beginning of my list of contacts, at the very least I would expect that when I tap the “rst” box that my “R” contacts, not my “S” contacts would appear. If I go through this entire process another time, my “T” contacts appear. Is this the way that the “Contacts” application is supposed to work? My wife has an iPAQ 2215 and the “Contacts” application works differently. Whenever she taps “Contacts”, it goes back to the way that she left the list.

Nurhisham Hussein
10-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Are you running a task manager like SPB Plus by any chance?

smurf
10-16-2006, 03:13 AM
Are you running a task manager like SPB Plus by any chance?

No. I am only running the applications that came preinstalled.

Nurhisham Hussein
10-16-2006, 03:28 AM
Then you're right - that's really strange behaviour. The only thing I can think of is that since the program is continuing to run (the "OK" "x" button only minimises and does not close the application), it's designed to reset the list but not the filter.

smurf
10-16-2006, 04:16 AM
Nurhisham:

I really appreciate your feedback on this. It doesn't seem like a very organized way to handle contacts. I am left to wonder if it is a problem with my pocket pc, or a problem with the OS (Windows Mobile 5.0). Hopefully someone else with the same model will try my example and reply.

Mike