View Full Version : Compatible Phones to Sprint's Network?

Barrett1Boehm
10-13-2006, 05:58 PM
I currently have a ppc6700 and have worn it out a bit...just wondering if I have any other options for a device to purchase for use with Sprints CDMA and EVDO networks. I am going to wait for the ppc6800 but I have always been curious if I am restricted to phone selection because of the CDMA and EVDO networks. Another quick question is what type of data connection the 1x Sprint data connections is...is it gprs? I have never understood all the frequencies. Thanks if anyone can help me out. My main concern is what options I have.

JesterMania
10-13-2006, 09:32 PM
The only other CDMA Pocket PC Phone Edition device I can think of at the moment is the Palm Treo 700 series. There's not many options if you go on a CDMA network. As for data connections, your CDMA network should be using EVDO. GPRS/EDGE are used on GSM networks.

Cybrid
10-15-2006, 09:17 AM
... Thanks if anyone can help me out. My main concern is what options I have.An explanation (http://www.arcx.com/sites/CDMAvsTDMA.htm) GSM is identified by the SIM card. The little SD type card under the battery. The advantage is the account it tied to the card. Pull the card and put it into a new phone...It works
CDMA has no SIM. The phone is tied to the account. The carriers have much more control over the consumer here. They don't have to activate alien hardware if they don't want to.