View Full Version : Upcoming UMTS and HSDPA on both Cingular and T-mobile.

samw5
10-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new PPC Phone. I've been looking at a bunch of different models and I'm considering those new HTC P3600 (or TyTN) or the O2 Atom Exec.

Now I'm currently on T-mobile. I've been reading stuff about the upcoming 3G that may not be fully compatible since those phones won't be running on the same frequencies.

Do we know for sure what frequencies Cingular and T-mobile are gonna be using for their UTMS/HSDPA networks?

I'm looking for an overall good device (that can play multimedia, handle skype and other wifi based apps, with good reception). The O2 seems to be the best device but for the fact that it doesn't support 850Mhz. I live in the Northeast but I'm still a bit concerned about not having signal. Also I'm not sure if waiting for a fully UTMS phone would be worth it (compared to EDGE that the O2 already has)...
The P3600 is awesome looking but I'm not sure if 1) it's gonna support either T-mobile or Cingular upcoming 3G and 2) if it's worth the headache since it doesn't have a 2.5 or 3.5mm headset jack (playing multimedia over BT doesn't sound like that much fun, not to mention it's an extra $110 on top of an $700 device).

Any inputs?