View Full Version : iPAQ 6945 & Mugen Battery?

eugarps
10-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Hello,

I was just curious if anyone else was noticing this? When I have the standard
HP battery in my 6945, I get a report of battery life that goes down through the day. When I use the Mugen 1,550 mAh battery the battery monitor seems stuck at 100%.

Thanks,

Bill

Darius Wey
10-10-2006, 03:49 AM
How long have you had this battery? Some monitor applications/plug-ins need a couple of cycles to adjust to the lifespan of a new battery.

eugarps
10-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Darius,

Actually, it brand new. I'll install it and see if it begins to cycle. I'll carry the original battery with me just in case the power suddenly drops though.

Thanks,

Bill

Darius Wey
10-19-2006, 03:17 AM
Actually, it brand new. I'll install it and see if it begins to cycle. I'll carry the original battery with me just in case the power suddenly drops though.

Actually, I'd recommend you keep the new one in there, just so it can go through multiple cycles. If indeed it does drop out, connect it to the AC. It does take a short amount of time for the battery monitor to notice there's a new battery in there. If you swap it for the old one, you may break its learning cycle.

If after a few cycles, it still dies on you, then it could be defective. In such a case, you should ask Mugen to replace it.

eugarps
10-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Darius,

I had to break the cycle, because the Mugen flatlined....

I put the stock battery back in and charged it after using it for a couple of days. I then put the Mugen back in and, after the red charge light went out, I turned the unit on. I unplugged it and knowing it should only show a 25% or so charge it showed 100% right away.

I think I should contact Mugen....

Thanks,

Bill

eugarps
10-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Darius, et al...

The Mugen battery I'm using is for an hw6515. I wonder if the battery charging monitors work differently on the older system vs. the newer WM5?

Thanks,

Bill

Darius Wey
11-01-2006, 04:25 AM
Windows Mobile 5.0 does monitor battery life differently, but the behaviour that you've reported seems inconsistent, and seems more like a hardware issue.

eugarps
11-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Windows Mobile 5.0 does monitor battery life differently, but the behaviour that you've reported seems inconsistent, and seems more like a hardware issue.

Darius,

Sounds that way to me also. I'd assume it's a battery issue rather than an hw6945 issue, since the monitor works just fine with the original 1,200mAh battery. I'll keep the forum posted.

Bill