View Full Version : Backup Battery Notification - How Can I Stop?

robshobs
10-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I have an ETEN M600 and have started receiving a notification that the backup battery is low and needs to be charged. From reading other sites, this appears to be a common problem that occurs after about 10 months of use.

Does anyone know of a registry hack (or any other method) of disabling this notification? Since the M600 runs WM5, a backup battery is not needed. And the real killer for me is it causes problems with GoodLink.

HELP!

Rob

Brad Adrian
10-09-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm not aware of any way to turn that warning off; much of the power management is hard-coded and cannot be tweaked.

Darius Wey
10-10-2006, 03:56 AM
Brad is spot on in this case. Just to be sure, I looked through the registry of the M600 and the only way to hack the backup battery status is through the application itself. Definitely not a walk in the park.

robshobs
10-12-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm not aware of any way to turn that warning off; much of the power management is hard-coded and cannot be tweaked.

Thanks. I was afraid of this.

For some reason, the notification causes GoodLink to lockup and the only way to clear it is a hard reset. I even went so far as to test it on a freshly reset device. I have several months left on my license and can't use it! What a bummer.

Rob

Brad Adrian
10-12-2006, 07:00 AM
Brad is spot on in this case. It was bound to happen sooner or later! Woo hoo!