View Full Version : hx2400 Series Questions

thedivision
10-07-2006, 09:54 AM
I checked the back of my pda and the model is hx2490b, I thought it was hx2495 - is there any difference here?

Also, is the headphone jack at the top stereo or mono. This is very important as I plan to use it in a car.

Thanks

Nurhisham Hussein
10-07-2006, 02:46 PM
I checked the back of my pda and the model is hx2490b, I thought it was hx2495 - is there any difference here?

HP quietly boosted the amount of ROM storage in the base model - the 'b' designation are for newer models.

Also, is the headphone jack at the top stereo or mono. This is very important as I plan to use it in a car.

Definitely stereo - I've never even heard of anyone making a PDA with a mono headphone jack

thedivision
10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks again. :)

This is truly a great community.

thedivision
10-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Another question:

I'm experiencing really slow transfer rates. It takes roughly 5 minutes for one song to transfer. I open activesync and click "explore"... then I navigate to my music folder and copy+paste. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

JesterMania
10-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Well, it depends how large the file you are transferring is. But generally speaking, ActiveSync's file transfer interface is extremely slow for everyone. If you are transferring to storage card, the general consensus is to buy a storage card reader for your PC and transfer it directly there (you can get one for a few dollars). I once transferred my 1.2GB wikipedia e-book to my device via ActiveSync and it took a few years to complete.

Nurhisham Hussein
10-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Activesync file transfers are even slower than USB 1.1, so it is REALLY worth while getting a USB2.0 card reader for large file transfers.