View Full Version : My ISP / My Work Network Connections

Nebula
10-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could explain the reason and usage of the Connections tool. (Start; Settings; Connections; Connections). Since I personally just want to use the wireless to connect to the internet, I assume I should set both connections to 'My Work Network'. Within that dialog, I choose 'This network connects to the internet' and I have no proxy, so I leave it unchecked.

But operation seems flakey just because I don't really know what the purpose of this dialog is for. I would expect to get a DHCP IP from my network at home and from there be able to surf the web. But it keeps saying that I'm unable to connect. I know my desktop can connect fine. So it's gotta be the setup in my PDA. I've chosen the built-in wireless network card. I've entered the WEP key and am able to scan for my SSID. My laptop connects to my wireless just fine with the selected WEP key. I guess I'm wondering if there is something else I'm missing.

Also, would there be a tutorial out there that would explain connecting to a wireless network for Windows Mobile 5? I figure it should be pretty much the same as PocketPC 2002/2003.

Thanks for your help!

Nebula

skewline
10-05-2006, 05:17 AM
uncheck the "connects to the internet" button and leave it blank. just tap okay with it blank. whereever you have to enter something, choose "connects to work" i don't know why, but that's how my x51v works with wm5.