View Full Version : Disable "Storage Card Inserted" prompt?

Nebula
10-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Is there a way to disable the following prompt:

"A storage card was inserted. Do you want to search it for audio and video files?"

It seems to appear every time I turn on the unit. It's REAL ANNOYING! Plus, it seems to take about 45 seconds for the unit to respond before I can press No.

Thanks for your help!

Nebula

Darius Wey
10-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Closing Windows Media Player Mobile will stop this notification from appearing. To do this, tap Start > Settings > System > Memory > Running Programs. Alternatively, you could get a task manager that actually closes applications, rather than minimise them. MagicButton (http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx) offers this functionality, and it's free.

Nebula
10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am considering the Magic Button thing. Didn't know it existed. I do however have a program that came with WM5 called SwitcherBar. I think it does the same thing.

Thanks again for your help!

Nebula

PetiteFlower
10-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Switcher bar is great (it comes with all Dell's), but having the close button really close programs is still essential, IMO. I'm a fan of Pocket Plus since it has so many other cool features besides that, but it's not free.

Brad Adrian
10-06-2006, 12:26 AM
The key is to make sure that whatever you use is actually closing the application and not simply making it inactive (the default). This is especially important with the various media players, because they have a bad habit of not completely shutting down and not completely releasing all of the memory being used. When in doubt, do a quick soft reset.