View Full Version : NFL in HD?

PiPod
09-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Hey does anyone have the superfan package from Directv? Now that I have my 67” DLP TV set up with HDTV I’m thinking watching games in HD should be happening. So far I’ve only used it for gaming, just bought an HD receiver. Saw this site: www.heybuttercup.com wanted to know what “up to 9 games in HD every Sunday” means realistically.

ironguy
09-30-2006, 03:13 PM
I have DISH but my friend Chuck has DirectTV with the football package. He lives in the Bay Are but is a Packers fan. He can watch every Packers game.

I watch HD football on my HD local channels and on ESPN. The NFL network will also show HD football games starting at Thanksgiving.

Once you have HD and a DVR (Digital Video Recorder), everything changes!

PiPod
09-30-2006, 09:22 PM
I have DISH but my friend Chuck has DirectTV with the football package. He lives in the Bay Are but is a Packers fan. He can watch every Packers game.

I watch HD football on my HD local channels and on ESPN. The NFL network will also show HD football games starting at Thanksgiving.

Once you have HD and a DVR (Digital Video Recorder), everything changes!

That's what I'm hoping! I'm just too slow about getting everything set up. Yeah, I also live in the Bay Area and I'm a Redskins fan, so I was hoping for the same, checked a lot of the listings and it seems like sunday ticket is the way to go for me, and I guess for an extra $100 to see all them NFL cheerleaders in HD, how can I go wrong? Hoping to get setup w/ superfan next week. If you talk to your buddy, or if anyone else knows - how do they do the audio for the 8-games-on-1-screen thing? Is it a mix of all of them? Silent?

ironguy
10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
I think with the 8 games on the screen, one is highlighted or selected. The sound is from that one. Not sure though.

If you wanna see the cheerleaders, look for the HD shows on cheerleader tryouts. There are also shows about individual squads. I think they're on the NFL network.

All the best! (Even though you're a Skins fan!)