View Full Version : How to delete all PIM information?

CMeys
09-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Is there any way to delete all of the PIM information on my PPC-6700 (or at least all contacts and maybe all calendar entries)? I've messed up badly on my contacts (and somewhat on the calendar) and would like to delete everything to get all synched anew from the PC. Alternately, is there anyway to tell ActiveSync to overwrite everything on the device with the information on the PC? I don't mind changing device name, etc., making new partnerships (though I've tried both of those and they didn't bring up the dialog to ask if it should overwrite or merge).

My programs are okay, so I'd rather not go the hard reset route if I don't need to.

tabenate
09-29-2006, 07:28 PM
http://www.s-k-tools.com

SKTools does exactly that, and much more.

A backup program can also do it - backup everything except PIM, hard reset & restore backup.

BoxWave
09-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Just a heads up, and I'll try to think of where I saw the thread, but a hard reset won't get rid of all your private data. So yes, load up that software :).

Menneisyys
09-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Just a heads up, and I'll try to think of where I saw the thread, but a hard reset won't get rid of all your private data.

Are you sure you use the terrm 'hard reset' in the HTC Phone Edition way, and not in the iPAQ way (where 'clean reset' is what 'hard reset' on other devices?)

On HTC Phone Edition devices (unlike on WM5 iPAQ's), a hard reset does clean up all the private data - as with the "Clear Storage" program (dunno if the latter is contained by the PC-6700). It's, to my knowledge, only one directory under \Application Data that it doesn't touch - all the rest is cleaned up.

That is, to be absolutely sure, run "Clear Storage" if it's available. If it isn't, just hard reset your device. Of course, you can also run SKTools' mass-delete just to be on the safe side - but, with most devices, that won't be neeeded.