View Full Version : Slight drop kills 2215

Lex
09-27-2006, 01:29 PM
May we have a moment of silence... I dropped my 2215 from waist height onto my foot then to a wood floor and it's DOA. I cannot believe such a slight drop killed it. I had just sync'd so all is well w/ the data. Won't power up, won't reset, won't hard reset. Batt. was fully charged. I'm not a bad dropper but are these things this sensitive to shock? I'm hesitant about starting over but as we all know, my life was in that thing and I don't feel like copying it all to paper. :-)

Brad Adrian
09-27-2006, 02:40 PM
You'll probably hear stories from both sides of this fence. Some of us have dropped, thrown, folded, spindled and mutiliated devices that have continued to serve despite ill treatment. Others among us have hardly looked sideways at their beloved Pocket PC before it decided to stop working. Unfortunately, it all depends on precisely HOW your 2215 landed. It doesn't have the most rugged case and I've had a few of my 2215's innards shake loose before.

(I won't even go into details about what a new puppy did to my "first" 2215 a couple of years ago...!)

Before you completely give up, you might consider sending your "brick" to a place like Pocket PC Techs to at least have them evaluate the extent of the damage; it might just be that a connector somewhere was knocked loose.

Good luck!

kndlewis
09-27-2006, 04:28 PM
On my device there is a little post on the battery door that slides into a teeny switch inside the unit to let it know when to activate the backup battery. When I dropped mine, this post broke. I was able to order a new battery door from hp.

Lex
09-27-2006, 05:02 PM
On my device there is a little post on the battery door that slides into a teeny switch inside the unit to let it know when to activate the backup battery. When I dropped mine, this post broke. I was able to order a new battery door from hp.

THAT WAS IT ! :D I never knew that little push pin was there. My batt. door latches broke off but not the pin. I'll order from HP right now ! Many thanks !

ctmagnus
09-28-2006, 03:57 AM
THAT WAS IT ! :D I never knew that little push pin was there. My batt. door latches broke off but not the pin. I'll order from HP right now ! Many thanks !

Ain't this community grand? 8)