View Full Version : [~~help~~] PalmOne Foldable Keyboard Driver for PPC

salem
09-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Hi, I lost my old pocketpc driver for PalmOne Foldable Keyboard. Could anyone send the driver to me?

It looks so silly to ask for it, because there's actually a new driver for the keyboard on Palm's website, but unfortunately the latest driver just doesn't work in my device.

The driver I need is Foldable Keyboard (WWE) G6R0 V1.00 (build 0921). If your PalmOne keyboard is bought a year ago, your driver should fit my device.

With millions thanks in advance!!

Darius Wey
09-25-2006, 03:24 AM
You should be able to contact Palm Support and request an earlier version. I'm sure they keep an archive of their drivers offline.

salem
09-25-2006, 09:16 PM
You should be able to contact Palm Support and request an earlier version. I'm sure they keep an archive of their drivers offline.

UHHHH ~~ yes, i tried it but i assure you it's the most annoying experience ever with any IT company in the world.

In the first email, they said they couldn't give any technical support to me because I don't use Palm device. :roll: I told them if that's the case, why did Palm Keyboard offer us a Pocket PC driver. At that time, Treo700w wasn't released yet. In fact, on the package of the keyboard, it clearly says that it supports Pocket PC.

In the second email, they told me that they still couldn't support, because my keyboard wasn't Palm-branded. :evil: I immediately told that my keyboard is made by PalmOne.

But in the third email, they gave me a brief list of Pocket PC devices. "if your device is not in the list, we can't give you any help." I've insisted very clearly to them that your keyboard DOES support my device, but i need the older driver only.

However, PalmOne was simply so good to tell me why they couldn't support me. That was my first experience with them since I've used PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Palm Vx, Clie. I'll never go back. Palm really really sucks!

Darius Wey
09-26-2006, 03:41 AM
Ugh, what an experience. :(

If you're not able to acquire the drivers you're looking for, keep an eye out for a set of drivers from Darfon (http://www.darfon.com/2005_HTM/HID/HID_Portable.htm). They make the same G6R0 keyboard and have stated that they'll be releasing drivers soon.

salem
09-30-2006, 01:00 AM

If you're not able to acquire the drivers you're looking for, keep an eye out for a set of drivers from Darfon (http://www.darfon.com/2005_HTM/HID/HID_Portable.htm). They make the same G6R0 keyboard and have stated that they'll be releasing drivers soon.

wow, how could you know this site? It's really useful, I'm going to test if their driver can support my keyboard. Millions of thanks!!

BoxWave
10-03-2006, 07:32 PM

darius wey > obi wan kenobi