View Full Version : [b]Loud speaker activation?[/b]

Adiemus
09-20-2006, 12:09 PM
G'day I have an Atom PDA and do not know how to acivate the loudspeaker option (handsfree).

I have gone to where you can see 'turn hands free on' but it is ghosted out as in - not bold.

Can anyone help me please??

Darius Wey
09-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Adiemus, unfortunately, you can only activate the speakerphone option when you're in the middle of a call. Otherwise, it's greyed out.

Adiemus
09-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the tip, however I tried calling my wife's mobile and when she answered I tried selecting the handsfree option but still found it to be greyed out.

Is there an upgrade or patch that I need to download??

I already have installed the latest ROM upgrade (some months ago), so I'm sure that it is not that which is causing the problem.

Appreciate your help.

Menneisyys
09-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the tip, however I tried calling my wife's mobile and when she answered I tried selecting the handsfree option but still found it to be greyed out.

Is there an upgrade or patch that I need to download??

I already have installed the latest ROM upgrade (some months ago), so I'm sure that it is not that which is causing the problem.

Appreciate your help.

Also give a try to long-pressing the Call (green) button while calling. With some PPC PE models, it switches on the speakerphone.

Darius Wey
09-24-2006, 04:24 AM

Just so that we're on the same page, are you referring to speakerphone mode or hands-free mode? The former is what it sounds like, but the latter refers to the use of headphones. You'll need to plug in the included hands-free kit in order for that option to work.