View Full Version : Need help to access online email in WM5

mdelpx
09-18-2006, 02:29 AM
Occasionally, I will directly access my personal email account over the internet through the use of a PC. This works very well for me when I am traveling from office to office and have the use of someone's PC. I would like to perform the same process using my pocket PC. I am using a cingular 8125 with WM5. I use Roadrunner for my personal email service.

Using the pocket PC, I am able to access the Roadrunner login page via the internet. I enter my username and password and hit login. The pocket pc appears to be downloading the page. After approximately a minute, the downloading stops and the page is blank. Any thoughts on how to correct this? Thank you.

Nurhisham Hussein
09-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Script and Java support in PIE is mediocre at best - have you tried any alternative browsers like Opera Mobile, or PIE plugins like Multi-IE or PIE-Plus?

Brad Adrian
09-18-2006, 05:51 PM
If you don't specifically want to set up a separate POP3 RoadRunner account on your device and really want to stick to Web-based access, I've had decent luck getting into my RoadRunner account via this portal:

http://mail2web.com/pda/

Note that you're going through another entity's service, which introduces an element of risk. Frankly, I've found access much quicker and simpler by using POP3 RoadRunner account on my Pocket PC.

mdelpx
09-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Brad - Are you able to access your Roadrunner account directly over the internet? I have my pocket PC set to send/receive from the Roadrunner account. That works fine. But sometimes, I would prefer going directly to Roadrunner and responding to the email from their server in lieu of downloading all the email onto my pocket PC. I am not able to do that. Any thoughts if I need a certificate, service pack on IE or something similar? Thanks for any thoughts you may have on this subject.

Menneisyys
09-23-2006, 07:39 PM
But sometimes, I would prefer going directly to Roadrunner and responding to the email from their server in lieu of downloading all the email onto my pocket PC. I am not able to do that.

You mean via POP3? Via POP3, the traffic is FAR less than via HTTP, as has also been pointed out in for example here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46750).

Any thoughts if I need a certificate, service pack on IE or something similar? Thanks for any thoughts you may have on this subject.

You mean to add enhanced JavaScript support? Nope, there are nothing like that. Currently, it's impossible to make IEM better - there're no add-on packs. You'll need to wait for AKU3 - it'll have, according to MS, greatly enhanced JavaScript (incl. Ajax) support.