View Full Version : Putting music on a PPC?

lpfan07
09-17-2006, 04:38 AM
I just received a pocket pc. I have no clue how to put music on to it. I have 2 songs on it. But when I try to put more on, they don't show up, they are on my storage card, but not in WMP. I tried syncing the songs to my player using WMP, but it didn't work. I am using the wrong program trying to get songs on my player? I just want a few songs on it, so I can listen to them when I have some free time. I need to know how to put songs on my Pocket PC. Someone please help me!

Darius Wey
09-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Can you please provide a few extra details? Type and size of your memory card? Media file type? Which Pocket PC are you using? How are you copying the files on to your Pocket PC (e.g., memory card reader or Pocket PC via USB/Bluetooth/etc.)? Also, are you selecting the Update Library option in WMP after copying new files?

lpfan07
09-17-2006, 06:37 PM
It's an SD 64MB card. The media files are in wma. It's a toshiba e310 pocket pc. I put my ppc in the dock thing, and try to put it on the memory card, but I am not able to find the songs using wmp. Maybe I am not connecting it right. I don't know. I don't know how to select the update library function after copying the files. I am kind of new to wmp, I am not able to use real one player with this ppc.

Nurhisham Hussein
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
The e310 is kinda old - it's more than possible that the WMPlayer version that you have on your PC is far more advanced and uses an updated codec which your WMPlayer on your PPC can't read. I'd suggest getting a third party media player like GSPlayer, Mortplayer or Pocket Music (Google is your friend;)).

lpfan07
09-17-2006, 10:27 PM
I figured it out. I used wmp and it works fine. Thanks for your help everyone.