View Full Version : New x51 BSOD problems

AE86_Racer
09-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Hi everyp,e

I just got my x51 yesterday and Im already getting irritated by this problem.

The computer BSODs with an error about DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL or something like that and then fingers teh balme on wanarp.sys. Ive done an upgrade to ActiveSync 4.2(stupid me for not doign that at first) but it still happens.

I dont know if its randomly or not. The first it did it while I was away from the computer. The last 3 times have been after I took the x51 off the cradle.

There is also one other issue I think I have resolved, I wont be sure until I can get this issue fixed!

Im pretty sure its more Microsoft than Dell, so Im not too upset yet. But its a major pain! I love this device but if it keeps up Im going to have to return it. HELP!

Darius Wey
09-16-2006, 02:21 AM
At this stage, you should check to see you're running the latest ROM (A12) (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/type.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=PDA_AXIM_X51&os=PPM&osl=en&deviceid=7638&libid=7). If not, go ahead, download it and install it. Note that it will nuke the contents of your PDA, so backup first. If you're cringing at the thought of a hard reset, I think one is in order, anyway. If everything on the device side is in top shape, try reinstalling Windows XP on your computer. Also, look at uninstalling ActiveSync completely, and then reinstalling it.