View Full Version : Calender and time issues with T Mobile MDA

deecee
09-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Hello all this is my 1st posting soplease be patient with me.

I purchased the T Mobile MDA unlocked a few months ago and I just upgraded to the new ROM version. It seems that several of my appointments on the calender are either moving to new days and/or timeslots on their own.

The other issue is that the time zone seems to set itself to central time and after resetting it to Eastern it eventually sets itself back to Central.

Could this be a virus? Anyone out there who's had the same issues, any fixes??

Sven Johannsen
09-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Making the assumption that you are synchronizing the PPC with your PC and Outlook, the usual cause for this sort of thing is the timezones of each device being set differently. When syncing, the time on the PPC is adjusted to the same 'universal time' as the PC, but if the time zones are different they will show different actual times. Appointments are stored based on the 'universal time' and if you change the time zone, the appontment will appear to move to compensate.

I can't offer much for the timezone itself shifting. On many phones that setting can be controlled by the network, but I am not aware of that being a feature on any PPC device.