View Full Version : BT GPS connectivity

Jaden5
09-13-2006, 10:24 AM
I need a hand with my iPaq 2410. I use Tomtom Nav 5 on a WM5 upgrade. The problem is I cant get my GPS data in the Nav program. I have tried a GPS flash card ant and a BT ant. The GPS viewers seem to work well and can recieve data. Tomtom support keeps telling me it it a config issue. Can someone at least point me in a direction? Thanks.

JesterMania
09-13-2006, 03:07 PM
I use TomTom Navigator 5 with my Bluetooth GPS and it works fine. Compact Flash GPS cards are not supported by TomTom, so I wouldn't try with the CF one. I know I've gotten TomTom to recognize and auto-connect to my GPS receiver in the past without prior configuration, but that is not guaranteed to always work, so do this:

Go to the iPAQ Bluetooth manager and tell it to auto-detect devices. It should auto-detect your bluetooth GPS receiver (assuming it's turned on) and give you the option of adding the receiver to a list of recognized devices. Add it, then you can quit the BT manager and launch TomTom. In the TomTom options screen, there is an option that allows you to select which port your GPS receiver is on. If you're not sure which port, just select each one and check the status to see if TomTom can read data from it. I think on mine, it's COM8, but I'm not sure.

Hope that helps.

Cybrid
09-14-2006, 08:47 AM
I use TomTom Navigator 5 with my Bluetooth GPS and it works fine. Compact Flash GPS cards are not supported by TomTom, so I wouldn't try with the CF one. I know I've gotten TomTom to recognize and auto-connect to my GPS receiver in the past without prior configuration, but that is not guaranteed to always work, so do this....http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=3282&Lid=1

Question
How to manually configure TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 for Compact Flash GPS receivers.
Answer
Insert your Compact Flash GPS into your Pocket PC and perform a soft reset on your Pocket PC.

1 . Start TomTom NAVIGATOR
2. Select "Change preferences" in the options menu.
3. Tap Next
4. Select "Show GPS Status" in the preferences menu.
5.Tap the "Configure" button to specify your GPS hardware.
6. Select "Other Cable NMEA GPS".
7. Select the baud rate.
If you do not know the correct baud rate select 4800
8. Your compact flash gps has created a separate driver. Select this driver for example CF_CARD GE
9. When the black/yellow icon in the right top corner of the screen is spinning, your GPS is correctly configured.

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?Language=1&FID=3317

Have you tried these instructions previously? What error mssges, or symptoms have you found?
From your post other GPS software works?