View Full Version : Palm Treo 700wx & Verizon

NOIC
09-08-2006, 03:35 AM
Has anyone heard if Verizon (Or Alltel) will be offering the 700wx in the near future?

BoxWave
09-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Depends on what 'soon' is... I'm going to go with a "no" though. At least anytime soon.

PPCMD
10-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Based on the latest info over at EngadgetMobile mid December for Verizon to get the Treo 700wx. Rockafella has very good inside info over at HoFo.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/10/10/palm-treo-700wx-to-bring-verizon-holday-cheer/

possmann
11-14-2006, 10:44 PM
More Memory is what I saw...

My fear is that we are again in the dool-drums of the "cutting innovation" of the Palm teams (read in heavy sarcasim). How about increasing the DPI to 480x480 - or be bleeding edge and come out with something new in form factor.

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love my 700w (although I continue to have one hell of a time with ActiveSync - but that is another post) but Palm is a very conservative orginization and not one to move quickly to demonstrate bleeding edge. Once they feel they have a hit, and yes they do with this form factor, they tend to sit on their laurels until innovation passes them by.

For once I wish they would hold the lead on innovation and take this device to newer and greater levels - be creative...

Well another year on my Verizon plan before I upgrade - I would only hope that by then Palm would have something better to offer than jusy more memory in their next Window Treo device.