View Full Version : Belkin wireless keyboard and pocketPC e405

eblackwell
09-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Has anyone gotten this to work well? I have a Toshiba pocketPC e405. I made some progress. I got the keyboard to type now after a lot of trial and error. But only some keys will type! For example, I did the sentence "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" as the standard test for all the alphabet keys. Here's what works.

he qc rw fx ped ver he z dg

The backspace and Enter keys also don't function; neither does the space bar on the right of the fold. The left does work.

I polished the reflector so it's spotless. Fresh, brand new battery, the latest driver, and have put the IR port right to the keyboard with the same results....

Any ideas?

I read on one forum to try going into the keyboard and check the screen rotation box, setting it for 90. But my driver screen doesn't have this box. I have:

Repeat Rate
Delay until repeat
Repeat Number
Close Software keyboard
Click Sound

I'd appreciate any help; I want this to work and I'm so close!

Borkachev
09-28-2006, 01:58 AM
The F8U1500 keyboard? I'm using an e330 and getting a very similar problem. Only the a, s, d, h, j, k, and ; keys, and the program shortcut keys seem to be recognized. I don't know why you wouldn't have the rotation option, but I can say that it didn't make a bit of difference for me.

A little annoyed here...

eblackwell
09-28-2006, 01:03 PM
I totally understand how annoying it is. Tech support told me it was a "faulty keyboard", so I exchanged it. That one didn't work either and they told me it was "another faulty keyboard". 2 in a row?

I've given up and taken the keyboard back. I'm checking out the Targus keyboard now, but will wait a bit before trying this again. :(