View Full Version : :)

meeshoo
09-05-2006, 10:26 AM
first i tried to find where the Sms messages are stored, couldn't find it, a file or a folder, then i tried to export them couldn't find a program to do that. i would like a program to substitute the default an to have an option to export to a file and when i hard reset to import them back :)

martin_ayton
09-05-2006, 10:39 AM
AFAIR SMSs are stored in a database rather than a file. However, be that as it may, pick a backup program like Sprite or SPB Backup and they will restore the SMSs along with everything else following a hard reset. I have experience of Sprite for WM2003SE and SPB backup for WM2005, and both allow a level of selective backup, so you don't have to back everything up. I don't know if they will go so far as to only back the SMSs up - I've never needed to try - but ou should be able to configure them to pretty much do what you want.

freemans
09-06-2006, 06:01 AM
The SMSs is intergrated and you can not copy and recover it, but Sprite Backup will do the job. It can backup and restore your messages and restores them when you need it to. :mrgreen:

Nurhisham Hussein
09-06-2006, 07:15 AM
meshoo, I'd refer back to the other thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51008&) you posted - the solution is there.