View Full Version : Note taking software advice...

Mountain343
09-04-2006, 07:35 PM
I've searched through the archives here as well as scoured numeous downoads without any success so i'm hoping someone here can help me find a program that will do what I need.

Right now I take my notes using one note on my laptop and unlike most people (i guess) I tend to take my notes in a tiered manner using the bullets. Are there any programs for the PocketPC that will do the same? So far all of the ones i've tried just have one level of bulleting instead of allowing you to tab under it for a different column so to speak.

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

JesterMania
09-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Word Mobile actually has hierarchical bullets, but I don't know if it has all the features you want.

Mountain343
09-04-2006, 08:14 PM
I've tried using the MS Word that came with my PPC and under format I can select bulleted, and when i hit enter to go to the next line, the bullet is always on the left margin with no way to tab to make it move to the right the way it does under normal word or one note. Am I mission something?

Clarkster
09-04-2006, 09:53 PM
I found this thread really interesting and useful... http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49576

JesterMania
09-05-2006, 12:13 AM
I've tried using the MS Word that came with my PPC and under format I can select bulleted, and when i hit enter to go to the next line, the bullet is always on the left margin with no way to tab to make it move to the right the way it does under normal word or one note. Am I mission something?

Are you using WM5? Because under WM5, my version of Pocket Word indents the bullets themselves when I hit the <tab> button. Strange it doesn't do that on yours... :?

Mountain343
09-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Ah, no i'm using 2003 on my HP2215 which could explain why mine doesn't and yours does. As for that link, I had read through that one before and 1 outliner was no longer a valid link, and I did try a few others with PocketThinker being the only one that really seemed to do what I want, but I was hoping for another choice as well. I did try trenotes and about 5 others with no success. They were more listers, then outline on the fly kinda things.

Thanks!

Edgar_
09-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Textmaker - full desktop word compatibility and capabilities

Listpro - but really only good for lists
- hierarcal lists and indentions/outlines

Does PhatNotes do this? Not sure - haven't used it in a number of years. I just use Textmaker and Phatpad

JesterMania
09-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Does PhatNotes do this?

Surprisingly no, it doesn't. I just tested it out, hit <tab> and the bullets don't indent.