View Full Version : Anyone know how to find out if the phone is refurbished or not?

2xchapter
09-03-2006, 06:38 AM
i just received my 8125 cingular that i purchased on ebay.. but it didn't come with a box.. The phone it self had all the clear wrappings(stickers) on.. so just trying to figure out if the phone had been refurbished or not.
any ideaS?
Thx

Darius Wey
09-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Sometimes, a company will place a "Refurbished" sticker on the device, or indicate that it's refurbished on the receipt. Of course, it's not that easy looking for such labels if you purchased the device from eBay. It all depends on the seller.

Brad Adrian
09-03-2006, 05:44 PM
A couple of years ago, I was helping my son buy a phone on eBay and we had a similar question. We were dealing with a different carrier, but I was able to call the carrier and give them the serial number from the phone. All they were really able to tell me was that it had already been activated at one time.

I don't know if the person I spoke to was really supposed to give me that information, but you might give it a try.

2xchapter
09-03-2006, 07:40 PM
thx for the replys, the phone didn't come with refurbished stickers it looks brand new with all the original labels stickers on em.. just a lil shady since it didn't come with the box.. seller says he just buys the phone without the box. in bulk.. is that even possible?. i called cingular but they were not able to help me out ><

Darius Wey
09-04-2006, 07:36 AM
just a lil shady since it didn't come with the box.. seller says he just buys the phone without the box. in bulk.. is that even possible?.

Yes, I've seen that done before, especially if they're designed for exporting.

I guess the bottom line is whether the phone works or not. I hope yours is working as expected?