View Full Version : about contrlling the power usage of my ppc

meeshoo
09-02-2006, 11:08 PM
i have an o2 xda mini and my battery runs out kinda quick and i want to know it there is a program whih can reduce the amount of battery used by the ppc when it's idle or when i don't use it. could u recommend one?

Nurhisham Hussein
09-03-2006, 02:41 AM
i have an o2 xda mini and my battery runs out kinda quick and i want to know it there is a program whih can reduce the amount of battery used by the ppc when it's idle or when i don't use it. could u recommend one?

Short answer - there aren't any programs for PPC that do what you want. You're thinking along the lines of Notebook Hardware Control, or RMClock? You can emulate some of those functions manually - set backlight low, and have quick suspend times when on battery power. Turn off the infrared beam. You can't switch the CPU speed unfortunately on this device.

Brad Adrian
09-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Also, you can try to configure your device so it doesn't go in search of new e-mails quite as often.

One thing that will definitely drain a phone battery is traveling through areas with low or no signal strength. When that happens, the phone is kept in constant "search" mode, and that takes a lot of juice.

When we take our twice-yearly trip to see our extended families, we always turn our phones off through one particularly remote stretch of road, because we've learned that even an hour or two in search mode can drain the battery.