View Full Version : Disable soft keyboard

rookcnu
09-02-2006, 06:43 PM
My apologies, because I think I have seen this posted before. I would like to disable the soft keyboard from popping up on the screen all the time on my X51v.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

jmhope
09-02-2006, 09:09 PM
rookcnu

Go to: http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/nullkeyboard.shtml

Works like a charm on Loox 720

rookcnu
09-03-2006, 04:11 PM
I tried the .cab file that you recommended and it did not override the soft keyboard.

I am using it specifically with PIE on a certain web page at work. We have created an interactive form to use and everytime I need to put something in a field, it pops up the soft keyboard. I don't need that, because the input method for that field is being done by a Socket barcode scanner that is attached to the pocket pc through the CF slot.

Anyone else have any solutions? Again, this is an X51v.

Thanks!

Sven Johannsen
09-03-2006, 05:09 PM
You realize you need to select the Null keyboard as the current SIP for it to be effective. When you enter a text field, what ever SIP is selected will be initiated, whether that is the on-screen keyboard, transcriber or a third party one. The Null keyboards are just a no display SIP, but it needs to be the one that is selected.

rookcnu
09-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Okay,..... so where/how do I do this?

Thanks!

Nurhisham Hussein
09-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Just install the null keyboard application, then when you open any application look to the lower right of the screen. The SIP button there controls which SIP to use. Click on the arrow (not the main button itself) and a popup window will appear detailing the SIPs you have installed. Just select the null keyboard and you're set.

Warning: A soft reset will cause the SIP to be reset to the default keyboard. There's a way around this, but requires fooling around with the registry.