View Full Version : registry key to enable the SD card in a wm5 device?

haavard
08-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Hi!
My employer just did a very stupid thing. In a ROM update for the Qtek 9100 they have decided to disable the mini-sd port in the device! Security reasons...but ...again... come on! they just ruined my excellent tomtom setup!

What is the registry key I need to set up to get the slot working again?

best

H

thierryb
08-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Do you have a backup? If you have and restore the registry you will find the solution. You can even dump the present registry, the restored one and compare the entries and the values.

But do a backup before.

haavard
09-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Sounds like an idea, but unfornately I don't have a ROM backup. Are there anywhere I can get a full documentation on the wm5 registry values for Qtek/I-mate 9100?

thierryb
09-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Not a rom backup but a backup of your data! The registry data are yours and are not in the Rom (except I suppose at the first start).

haavard
09-02-2006, 10:06 PM
So, my problem is now that I need a registry dump of a Qtek 9100 that has a working SD port and compare that to a registry dump of my non-working Qtek.

If someone has such a registry dump from a bare Qtek 9100 (that is, with not a lot of software on it) and are able to email me; that would be wonderful!

[email protected]

H

haavard
09-03-2006, 12:10 PM
EDIT:
This looks to be easier than I believed. It looks like they removed fatfs.dll from the windows directory. I can find fatfsd.dll, but not fatfs.dll

I would appreciate if anyone that know where to find the fatfs.dll for wm5 would reply!