View Full Version : Does Pocket PC work with prepaid cards?

b3b3
08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Hello,

I'm considering buying a pocket pc online. I'm wondering if I'll be able to use all it's features (calling, browsing the web, and so on) by a prepaid card, with really subscribing with a service provider?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest979
08-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Hello b3b3.

Different carriers have different plans. Not very many offer prepaid plans that support a smartphone, but you'll have to ask the carrier you're interested in about what plans they have. Make sure the smartphone you buy is compatible with the carrier you are considering.

Sven Johannsen
09-01-2006, 05:33 AM
As was mentioned, it depends on the carrier. I can tell you that T-Mobile's Prepaid SIMs don't support any data to speak of. They let you get where you can download (and buy) ringtones, backgrounds, etc. but nothing like web browsing and such. I have heard that Cingular does support data and debits $/kb as opposed to time when using it, but I can't coroborate that personally. Probably chews through the $ pretty quickly as they charge by KB on those plans. That's kind of your choices in the US when it comes to GSM based carriers isn't it?

Do make sure the phone/PPC is unlocked, or setup for the carrier you chose.