View Full Version : Recurring tasks don't sync with WM5 and Exchange??

Jeff Kirvin
08-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I've been using hosted Exchange from 4Smartphone.net for a while and it's pretty cool. But I have one glaring problem. Recurring tasks do not sync to the device.

If I create a recurring task in Outlook on the desktop or Outlook Web Access, I can see the task in the other version of Outlook, so I know the task exists on the Exchange server. But despite repeated wireless syncs with my WM5 phone editon (a HTC Apache), the recurring tasks do not appear on the handheld.

Anyone know why and how to fix it?

Brad Adrian
08-31-2006, 02:43 AM
That's a problem I've never seen before; AFAIK, Activesync doesn't differentiate between one-time tasks and recurring ones. I assume you're using Activesync, and not some other third-party program for synching?

I'm just grasping a straws here, but have you done a soft reset? Are you somehow using categories to constrain how your device is synchronized (using categories can mess things up in unimaginable ways)? How does your synchronization scheme work,i.e., is the process somehow routed through some other system that could be corrupting the process? Is there any kind of secondary or intermediate synching being done?

I know this doesn't give you any answers, but maybe we can help figure this out together.