View Full Version : Sys Admin Configuring AS4.1 for use with Company Network and Orange M600

Gareth Lock
08-28-2006, 01:24 PM
In another post I said I have got a new M600 with WM5 and active Sync 4.1. However, my work has AS 3.7 and uses some Dell WM2003 products for those who are entitled. I found that I could use my Ipaq2210 with the already installed AS3.7 without any issues.

I went into work on Thursday with my new toy and tried to connect the M600 with AS3.7 and funny old thing it didnt work!! Now I would like to connect my M600 to the work laptop to make sure that my M600 and home laptop have the correct calendar, contacts and task details.

The problem is that I don't have network admin priviledges so can't load AS 4.1 and want to be able to go to the sys admin guys with the settings that I/they need to implement AS 4.1. The problem is that they are unlikely to support 4.1 and they will be aware of the issues of IPR escaping through syncing, hence the request for calendar and contacts only, and anyway I can make it easier for them, the more chance that I have of getting them to load 4.1.

I don't need to sync anything else like My Documents or email, I just want to make sure that any contacts/calendar/task entries are carried through to my home laptop.

Any help, links or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks