View Full Version : email from Outlook on the 8125

mdelpx
08-27-2006, 03:31 PM
I have configured my Cingular 8125 to copy emails on the server. These emails are stored in a file I created in a sub-folder of Outlook mobile. I am able to receive, reply and send from this folder. I have synced the PC to the 8125 for contacts, emails, etc. i can work and respond to the emails that were sync from the PC to the 8125. The issue is that the emails sync from the PC to the 8125 cannot be sent out. It defeats the purpose if I cannot download emails from the PC to 8125 and reply to them when I am mobile. Any ideas on how to make this happen? thanks

Janak Parekh
08-28-2006, 05:06 AM
Well, the idea of syncing email from your desktop is to allow non-connected Pocket PCs a venue to manipulate email. If you want to do email wirelessly, I'd suggest you configure a POP3 or IMAP server on the 8125, so that it can both directly send and receive email. Is there a reason you don't adopt this approach?

--janak

Pajim
08-29-2006, 08:40 PM
mdelpx,

having just set up my 8125 today, I configured it so that it connects to the server directly, not to the desktop. No difficulty replying to any of the e-mails.

Are you wedded to syncing to the desktop? I can understand that it lowers the amount of data coming across the airways. . .