View Full Version : 1945 powering off...

splat
08-20-2006, 05:17 PM
I just got back an old 1945 I gave to a friend and it seems it's having an odd problem.

It will charge, takes about the right amount of tie and will cease charging when the battery is fully charged.

But... as soon as you take it off the AC adapter it goes for a moment, the backlight fades, horizontal lines appear (or lines of the LCD disappear, hard to tell), and it slowly shuts off.

The battery doesn't (as far as I can tell) instantly discharge as it takes it only a few minutes after plugging back into the AC adapter to charge again.

Bought a new battery - same behavior.

I've tried doping a hard reset. I've tried restting it while it is charging. I've tried cursing at it, begging the PDA gods for an answer and pleading with it to work.

Any ideas ? :cry:

Darius Wey
08-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Know which ROM version you're running (check the Asset Viewer)?

If it's not 1.10, try updating it: http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/20508.html

In addition, ensure you don't have any memory cards or other card accessories inserted into the slot.

Any luck?

splat
08-21-2006, 01:21 PM
No memry cards or other accessories in use - the rom was updated way back when the update came out...

Looks like I may just have to consign it to the drawer of dead PDAs

Rats :?

Darius Wey
08-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Looks like I may just have to consign it to the drawer of dead PDAs

Hmm, if a soft reset, hard reset, new battery, and updated ROM isn't helping, then your assumption is probably spot on. :(