View Full Version : Need Help with PIE

Old Iron Toe
08-20-2006, 03:40 PM
I have spent the last 2 hours trying to find the lastest version of PIE. I have service through Alltel and I have a PPC6700. I have version 4.01 and some sites such as aol mobile tell me that my broswer needs updating. Can anyone please tell me what the lastest version is and where I can find it on the microsoft download site. I am at my wits end! Thanks everyone!

ADBrown
08-20-2006, 04:37 PM
It doesn't work like that. There are no updated versions, what you get with your device is what you have. Those sites are usually hardcoded to expect a desktop IE of a certain version, and if they don't get it, they tell you you need to upgrade. There are various hacks available that will make your IE pretend to be a desktop, to access these sites, or you could try Opera.

Nurhisham Hussein
08-20-2006, 04:56 PM
The bad news - there is no way to upgrade the PIE on your device. First, user upgrades are not released by Microsoft, but by the device manufacturer. If the device manufacturer doesn't release a ROM update, you're out of luck. Second, there isn't a more recent version than the one you have.

The good news - you can hack your registry to fool websites into thinking you have a more up-to-date version of IE. Refer to this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48608&) for more info.

Old Iron Toe
08-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow! I learn something new everytime I log on here. Thanks to both of you for helping me out. I have got to quit thinking like I am using a desktop pc. These ppc are a whole new ballgame!

Cybrid
08-21-2006, 08:44 PM
...... aol mobile .....! Is that supposed to be mobile/ PDA friendly site?