View Full Version : Took off Verizon Data plan and now I can't get on the internet when synced with computer

shaxs
08-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Hello All,

I have a vx6700 from Verizon. I had their unlimited data plan, but I never used it and it was way too expesnive. Anyways, so I took that service off my plan, but now when I want to use internet explorer or use my pocket pc applications that require internet, nothing works. Something happened where the data plan was always trying to be accessed. So, I deleted the data account from my conenctions. But still, nothing works. I reinstalled Active Sync 4 and soft reset my machine. Any ideas?

Brad Adrian
08-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Just so I understand...

When you're trying to access the Internet now, you're doing it using "passthrough" while Activesync is running?

shaxs
08-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Correct, I think If I understand your terminology. The PPC is connected to it's cradle, to a computer with an active internet connection.

BEFORE I got their dumb data plan, this is how I would connect internet explorer or test programs that require an internet connection. It would just use active sync to funnel the internet connection from my desktop.

Brad Adrian
08-19-2006, 02:40 AM
I doubt that you did anything irreversible, but it sounds like you need to reconfigure a few things. When you go to start>settings>connections, then tap on the Connections icon, then go to the Advanced tab, then Select Networks, what appears in the two windows? For most people, they need to be set to "My ISP" and "My Work Network," respectively.

If that's not the problem, there are a few other things to check...

shaxs
08-19-2006, 03:39 AM
In the drop down, there are three options: Verizon Wireless, My Work Network, My ISP.