View Full Version : Hitting the road and making your Pocket PC work for you!

Sooner Magic
08-16-2006, 11:33 PM
I used to use TripTracker and found it to meet my needs, but it does not work with WM 5.0. I can't get it to synch.

I have looked at Fizz Traveller (too clunky and not intuitive) as well as EZGo for Pocket PC (also not supported in WM5.0).

Essentially, I just need a program to enter flight info, car rental, hotel, details, etc....then have it synch with Outlook while adjusting dates and times across different time zones.

Can anyone recommend a product or share how they manage their travel data?

Thanks in advance.

Brad Adrian
08-17-2006, 03:42 AM
CityTime, by CodeCity, might have everything you need. I've had trouble with TripTracker, too, and haven't had issues with CityTime. The biggest difference is that TripTracker had its own, separate synching process, while CityTime integrates its features with Pocket Outlook. So, if you can get "regular" synching to work (insert Activesync joke here), CityTime should share its info well.

Unfortunately, CityTime doesn't have a desktop companion, which can sometimes make info entry easier. But, as I said, most of that's handled via Outlook, so in a way there IS a desktop companion.

Good Luck!

MTIW Podcast
08-17-2006, 05:20 AM
Although a bit expensive, WorldMate 06 Pro is an excellent companion that fits what you are looking for. It has been in the top 5 picks for quite some time- you should give it a test drive or click here (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&jid=X38F53E2XX8D7D25D1E7F71658F43BFD&platformId=2&N=96806&productId=93538&R=93538url) to go their page on handango.com

Cheers!