View Full Version : Question about duplicate files

David_C
08-15-2006, 03:51 PM
I ran Pocket Mechanic's Duplicate File section and discovered I had a "bunch" of duplicate files.

Some are on my CF card, and in my RAM, My Documents folder.

The ones I am concerned about are the ones in My Documents folder, the ones belonging to Pocket Informant.

Which set of files is safe to take out?? I install ALL my programs, (with the exception fo the Today plugins) to my CF card.

Cybrid
08-15-2006, 06:55 PM
I ran Pocket Mechanic's Duplicate File section and discovered I had a "bunch" of duplicate files.

Some are on my CF card, and in my RAM, My Documents folder.

The ones I am concerned about are the ones in My Documents folder, the ones belonging to Pocket Informant.

Which set of files is safe to take out?? I install ALL my programs, (with the exception fo the Today plugins) to my CF card. Can you make a list of the files including extensions?
Or screenshot Pocket Mechanics listing of them?

David_C
08-15-2006, 11:43 PM
Guess I can, I dont have a SS utility ATM, but that can be easily solved :)

Dave

David_C
08-16-2006, 01:58 AM
I've tried 2 different screen capture programs, could not get the 1st one to work (Pocket Screen Capture) and the Pocket Snapshot one looked very bad, could not read what was on the screen at all.

Any suggestions of a good screen capture utility for WM5? :)

Dave

Cybrid
08-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I've tried 2 different screen capture programs, could not get the 1st one to work (Pocket Screen Capture) and the Pocket Snapshot one looked very bad, could not read what was on the screen at all.

Dave Try Magic SS. No idea about WM5 compatibility.

Brad Adrian
08-16-2006, 09:52 PM
I've seen some decent free ones, but the one that has always worked for me (including WM5 and VGA support) is DeveloperOne's ScreenSnap. It's well worth the price.

David_C
08-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Magic SS did the trick. Heres the SS:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/davidthebear/pocketinformant.jpg

Nurhisham Hussein
08-17-2006, 01:05 AM
I think its safe to delete the duplicate files in the directory that's showing in the screenshot - those are icon files for Pocket Informant. You won't break anything deleting some of those.

David_C
08-17-2006, 01:09 AM
I think its safe to delete the duplicate files in the directory that's showing in the screenshot - those are icon files for Pocket Informant. You won't break anything deleting some of those.

But which directory?? The one on the CF card or the main memory???

Dave :)

Cybrid
08-17-2006, 03:28 AM

But which directory?? The one on the CF card or the main memory???

Dave :)Both if you are not using the icons... where did you install the app? if the other is orphaned then delete that. i.e. main memory install...delete cf, cf install...delete main memory.

David_C
08-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Thx :)

I install everything to the CF card, but I was'nt sure if it also installed some items to the main memory :)

Dave

Brad Adrian
08-18-2006, 09:54 PM
I can't say from experience with this particular application, but some that DO allow installation to a storage card will create dupes in internal memory. This is usually due to the strange ways that Windows Mobile sometimes cannot "see" very deeply into nested folders or into storage cards.

David_C
08-19-2006, 02:58 AM
Well, I will delete the ones from the Internal memory, worse case scenerio, have to reinstall that app. No biggie :)

Thanks!!

Dave

David_C
08-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Update: I deleted everything in the Internal Memory that was with Pocket Informant and Pocketbreeze and "so far" everything seems to be running along just fine :)

Thanks for all the help :D

Dave