View Full Version : multiple registry cleaners

crabstix
08-13-2006, 05:37 AM
I am interested in keeping my PPC clean and freeing lots of memory by removing unecessary files e.g duplicates, bad installs etc so that it can run optimally. I have pocket mechanic, SKTools, FastCleanup and installed. Is it beneficial or detrimental to have all these three installed or can I delete one or two or them? I also have Memmaids but don't want to install it if all these programs can do what the same job. Any advice?

JesterMania
08-13-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't have experience with FastCleanup or SKTools, but I have both Pocket Mechanic and Memmaid and there are some registry entries that only Memmaid detected. I'm quite sure they all do roughly the same thing though, and I'd be more worried about how much storage space each of them is taking up. Personally, I would only keep only one or two and ditch the rest. If you don't do much uninstallation you shouldn't really have much trash to clean up anyways. On my PC, I actually go without a registry cleaner as I found that sometimes registry cleaning may be a little too thorough and prove detrimental to a few programs :lol: .

Personally, I like Memmaid for its thorough cleaning of the registry/files but there are things it doesn't do such as more advanced registry tweaks and memory card operations. I'd keep Memmaid plus a tweaker/disk operator program such as SKTools.

Menneisyys
08-17-2006, 08:57 AM
I am interested in keeping my PPC clean and freeing lots of memory by removing unecessary files e.g duplicates, bad installs etc so that it can run optimally. I have pocket mechanic, SKTools, FastCleanup and installed. Is it beneficial or detrimental to have all these three installed or can I delete one or two or them? I also have Memmaids but don't want to install it if all these programs can do what the same job. Any advice?

IMHO, SKTools is the best all-in-one tool to go for, especially the 3.0 beta.